Sunday 19 August 2012

August Glossy Box

Hello Chums, I hope you are all well.
I've got my August Glossy Box to show you today.

I have been a subscriber to Glossy Box for about 5 months now. Just a little bit of background information if you don't know what Glossy Box is, it is a monthly subscription service that sends you 5 to 6 deluxe beauty samples and sometimes full sized items to try out. It is a fun way to try out new products for £12.95 a month.

I recieved six items this month in the 'International Superstars' box. Each product in the box was a favourite product from different countries around the world.


You get a little card letting you know all the details about the products you are receiving. Whoever designs these gets a big thumbs up from me, they are always so pretty I feel like framing them!




Alessandro Pro White


This is the first time that I have received a nail product in any of my boxes so I was intrigued to see this. It claims to have an "anti-yellowing formula" which is something I have trouble with on my nails. Once I applied this however, it didn't make much difference and peeled very easily after only a day. I will definitely give this another chance as maybe it takes more than one application?

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil


I have combination skin so when I saw the word 'deep cleansing' and 'oil' in the same product, i was a little dubious. I did give this a go and was pleasantly surprised at how clean my skin felt. It was a little odd to use as it has to be applied to dry skin and then rinsed off. I did like this cleanser and it got all my make up off with ease.

All For Eve Balm


I was excited to see this product as i've heard about this brand before but never tried anything. This has a lovely herbal scent and is very handy for travel as it come as a compact with a mirror inside. It is "an easily absorbed recovery balm to nouirsh dry chapped skin".  I haven't tried this yet but look forward to it.

Vera Valenti L'ombre a Paupiere Margarita



This is an eyeshadow palette which I was excited to see in the box as i'm very much a neutral girl. The colours are perfect for me and the lightest colour was nice all over the lid. What I would say about these is that they aren't the most pigmented and are a bit on the chalky side. It is a bit disappointing but they are still workable but probably not something i'll be reaching for very often.

Lipcote & Glossy Box Lipstick


Lipcote is a lipstick sealer. It is a clear liquid which you apply over your lipstick for a longer lasting colour. I have tried this before and it is one of my mum's holy grail items, she swears by it! I do like it and I agree with it claiming to make your lipstick last longer. A thumbs up! Isn't the packaging also so vintage, I love it.


The next one goes hand in hand with the Lipcote, Glossy Box's own lipstick. As you can see from the photo, sadly mine got a bit smushed when I was trying to open it. The packaging for this is also lovely, very chic and classy. The colour I received was 'glossy pink' and I really like it. Its a nice texture, not to drying and also works lovely for a pop of colour on the cheeks.


I think this is my favourite Glossy Box so far! It was the perfect mix of make up and skin care. I can see myself getting use out of all the products.

I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know if you would like to see a monthly version of what I get in my boxes?

Olivia xx


No comments:

Post a Comment